LATEST

Earn Online Money

The Resurgence

And by the time this letter reaches you,
I will be long gone..
Had to bribe the guard a good amount,
In order to pass my final yearnings on..
For I couldn’t care about money,
Now that there was so little left to lose..
Yet so much to attain and surmount for the one,
Who will replace my empty shoes..
This is not the world,
I wanted to leave behind for him..
But I have failed you,
Leading to merely hopes that are dark, dead and grim..
I have tried my love,
And every drop of my spilled blood will echo the same..
But you see this beast they let loose upon us,
Was never mine to tame..
They scorched me, bruised me, strangled me,
They dragged me to the gates of death..
And every time I died, I lunged back,
And thought of you to catch my breath..
It was the strength of your love,
That kept me breathing when I was dead..
But tonight, it seems even that would fall short,
When they will rip off my head..

The earth has circled the sun thirteen times now,
Since the day they seized me away..
And I swear on every one of those long years,
They have got a price to pay..
He must be thirteen now, my son,
Then, in your womb..
Yet, I just might meet him if you
Bring him to my tomb..
They will bury me beside the great oak tree,
At the graveyard next to St. Andrew's gate..
Will you bring him there, so that,
I can still see him if it gets too late..
I have so much to say to him,
Words that are so fractured, so shattered, so bleak..
He will understand, although there wouldn’t be a word,
Left for the dead man to speak..
Don’t cry now, for every number of lashes they inflicted upon my body,
Is a replica of the number of tombstones that will be rising from their graveyard for all to see..
So waste not a single drop of tear my angel,
For every pain you impose upon yourself as good is inflicted upon me..
That day is not very far now,
When we will see each other again..
In the shades of paradise somewhat,
If not in the valleys of pain..


“He must have been a great man, my father”
Said the boy as he stood still beside the ostentatious oak tree..
I couldn’t help but recognize the father within the son,
And every bit of fierce, judicious and stubborn man his father used to be..
The Resurgence Reviewed by fresherwink.blogspot.com on 6:52:00 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

All Rights Reserved by fresherwink © 2014 - 2015
Designed by fresherwink

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Powered by Blogger.